• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Shuttle MOBO Model AS45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpawl

Hi, I am very new to upgrading PC's.
Well not so much new, but the only things I have done was done back when I had a 400Mhz cpu. So This computer is a bit better. But I want to know what you guys think I should do.

System Specs:
Shuttle Model AS45 MOBO
Supports up to DDR333 as far as I can tell (Have one 512 chip now)
2.8Ghz Celeron
GeForce4 ti 4400 128MB
200GB HDD

The main issue I think is that I run some high end games, namely HL2, Far Cry, Delta Force Extreme, and I do a lot of watching my TIVO recordings on here.

I have 512MB RAM at the moment, and I want to get a 512 stick to get 1Ghz.
I found this on NEWEGG (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220037)

Should I buy a 512 stick, a decently priced one, or get this? $66 after rebate for 1Ghz, I think I could handle 1.5Ghz nicely. I really don't know a lot about this stuff. I can't find anywhere that my system will support dual channel. If I buy a dual channel kit, will it work w/o using dual?

What are the basics of overclocking, latencies, and timings? Does anyone know of an upgrade for my BIOS? Shuttle's site listed the last revision in 2002.

ANY help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Doug Pawl

Back