• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best flash animation program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hanzalo

whats a good program to make flash animation in? I'm new at this, and flash mx confuses me. I want to make short cartoons and stuff like that, nothing big.

In uni were using Toonboom for animation but were also using flash, flash isnt' hard really not till you start actionscripting and im getting abit better with that another program i recomend is Swishmax thats a good program!

dont mean to be an *** but it's pretty hard to get easier than flash. all animation programs are basically the same. what is so hard about flash?

- insert keyframe on any layer
- insert symbol -> graphic or movie clip (if you need something to constantly
loop, ie smoke)
- draw your character
- go back to main stage (scene 1 link under timeline)
- open the Library (ctrl + L) and drop in your actor

if you need something to move smoothly, use a motion tween - right click on a key frame and choose the first option. this can be used for lets say a ball flying across the screen.
- a keyframe at frame 1 would be the ball on the right of the screen and a
keyframe on frame 10 would be the ball on the left.
- select all the frame and right click and choose create motion tween... voila.

kwago said:
dont mean to be an *** but it's pretty hard to get easier than flash. all animation programs are basically the same. what is so hard about flash?

- insert keyframe on any layer
- insert symbol -> graphic or movie clip (if you need something to constantly
loop, ie smoke)
- draw your character
- go back to main stage (scene 1 link under timeline)
- open the Library (ctrl + L) and drop in your actor

if you need something to move smoothly, use a motion tween - right click on a key frame and choose the first option. this can be used for lets say a ball flying across the screen.
- a keyframe at frame 1 would be the ball on the right of the screen and a
keyframe on frame 10 would be the ball on the left.
- select all the frame and right click and choose create motion tween... voila.

Not exactly some programs are easier to use than others, not just for drawing but also for the coding side and some programs will do some/make the coding easier for you for smooth and better animation. I have found this out in uni just last week that if you know actionscript your animations can be alot better how? You can speed/slow down parts of the animation instead of everything running the same speed, make things loop etc, etc

So there for it isn't as simple as you say it depends on how much you want to do and what program(s) you use ;)

Back