• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual-core gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dirtymafia

Registered
dual-core gaming -Burdman27911 wins!

I found a few days ago a few articles about the problems associated with allowing a game to use dual-cores. I believe one article was about the quake4 engine and how it is only going to be able to use dual core for a few things, I believe AI or something.

I know there are probably quite a few articles out there about this, but I'm trying to find this one in particular. So if you could just post any articles that you know of on the subject I'll skim through them and try to find it.

To entice posters I will be giving away this FOR FREE to the one that posts the correct article:
1a_1.JPG

Last edited:
Wow that's great, post a link and win a CPU. I'll take a look around for you for some links, but I'm not too interested in the Opteron altho I never mind free stuff. Hope you find the info you want.

And :welcome: to the forums...

There weren't any benches on the article, it was just informative. It did get slightly in-depth about the problems and the subject in general. It was strictly about quake4 (if I remember correctly) but about dual core's and games in general, although it did talk about quake 4.

Burdman27911 said:
Wow that's great, post a link and win a CPU. I'll take a look around for you for some links, but I'm not too interested in the Opteron altho I never mind free stuff. Hope you find the info you want.

And :welcome: to the forums...

On an off-topic side note, I would like to say something about you people!
Everyone that I've seen on this forum as been great, I've read through alot of posts on this forum and took in alot of information. Through all that reading I have noticed that almost everyone here is quite nice and quite courteous.

It's nice to see people that are inviting to new users (this being the second time I've been invited to the forums). Thank you guys very much for the pleasure of being able to read your posts and the information that I've obtained. I plan on being a regular to these forums and I believe I will be kicking the other "so-called" techincal forums out of my bookmarks and adding this site.

Its just rare to see anymore.

dirtymafia said:
On an off-topic side note, I would like to say something about you people!
Everyone that I've seen on this forum as been great, I've read through alot of posts on this forum and took in alot of information. Through all that reading I have noticed that almost everyone here is quite nice and quite courteous.

It's nice to see people that are inviting to new users (this being the second time I've been invited to the forums). Thank you guys very much for the pleasure of being able to read your posts and the information that I've obtained. I plan on being a regular to these forums and I believe I will be kicking the other "so-called" techincal forums out of my bookmarks and adding this site.

Its just rare to see anymore.
:welcome: usually the best thing to do is use google so i will edit this post with a link but if i get the right link for you i would refuse to receive a cpu just for searching for an article <_< and no this isnt intel "fanboyism" speaking.

Can't find the one you are referring to exactly I don't think. Have you looked in your history to see if you can find it that way? I will keep looking and post it if I think I have the correct one that you are looking for.

:you seem to be in quite a fervor to win a cpu lol

Heck yes! :santa:

(edit) and if no-one finds the actual article, maybe we can get close enough, if only to help mafia with the info he's looking for.

BLcK said:
:welcome: usually the best thing to do is use google so i will edit this post with a link but if i get the right link for you i would refuse to receive a cpu just for searching for an article <_< and no this isnt intel "fanboyism" speaking.

Firstly, I stated somewhere above that I spent 2hrs looking for this article, still haven't found it. Google was used quite a bit, and I also went back through all the forums I can remember visiting for a post with the link...no luck as of yet.

Yes to answer someone else's question I have checked history..no luck as this was a few days ago and my history is only 2days.

Back