• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linux & hlds & high ping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frysterio

couple problems and questions for anyone who may know..

just re-setup our server on linux and having a couple problems

occassionally everyones pings just bounce off the wall and hit highs of 600 ... but mostly when server is full... anyone ever find the cause of this or hear of it?

secondly.. the srcboost for fps, etc. we used it on a windows server and now are needing one for the linux... does it exist cuz currently we get 80fps server side which is 520 lower than previous.

thanks in advance.
frysterio

Can you give me some information on your connection and server specs?

For the tickrate/fps increase, Just simply add -pingbooster 3 to the command line. 80 FPS Is the basic tickrate that hlds is bundled as. For windows i believe you can add tickrate 333 or whatever tickrate you want
eg.
tickrate 1000
tickrate 500
etc...

Add it to the server.cfg to change it, but that is not the best way. Just do the following for linux.
eg.

./hlds_run +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust2 -port 27015 -pingbooster 3

Last edited:
hahah...

we did that... the problem is you have to change the kernal which is now what we are working on... the rate is set to low, needs to be increased & then recompile the kernal. which is what is planned for tomorrow or saturday i think.

ummm... not sure if the ping still exists... seems to have gone away as though it was a rogers problem.

thanks

Back