• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet wont start?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnY_pEr

Hey guys ive been trying to get Internet explorere and firefox and any other browser to work on the Windows operating system but it just isnt working...

I do have KNOPPIX (self booting OS) and internet works fine off that but doesnt on windows...

Obviously theres internet but its not getting through.. i believe my mom deleted something tat may have caused the problem and need to know what i should do?

Any advice is great!

Thanks... :thup:

What ISP are you trying to connect with?
Also, in Control Panel, click on Internet Options-Connections, and make sure that its configured to Always Dial my Default Connection

do a windows repair install, it replaces all the essential files without formatting. or try a system restore.

System restore wont work unless you want me to go back a year... lol...

Also will a repair install wipe everything on it?

Could you take me through the steps on how to do it?

from insert CD to press finish

SnY_pEr said:
System restore wont work unless you want me to go back a year... lol...

Also will a repair install wipe everything on it?

Could you take me through the steps on how to do it?

from insert CD to press finish

no it wont wipe anything. put the windows cd in the drive and open up run (windowskey +r) and type /sfc scannow

Where do i run it from? Do i need to restart and open from CD from the boot menu or could i just open it from the desktop with XP running?

SnY_pEr said:
Where do i run it from? Do i need to restart and open from CD from the boot menu or could i just open it from the desktop with XP running?

just press windowskey +r. it is the run prompt or w/e. the thing that you use to run regedit and all those things. make sure you have your cd in and then follow the steps i listed.

doesnt work... it couldnt find that windowskey +r.... dont know why...

could i just install it again or would that wipe everything? i hope not...

i think i know what the problem was... its sfc /scannow not the way you put it... ill have to try it tonight...

Guess what it didnt work any other ideas?

Maybe a reinstall... but i would need to save everything wouldnt i?

Back