• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holy! this CPU cooler is HUGE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karl04

:welcome:
I purchased the big heavy copper w/ 120mm fan heatsink w/ fan from Zalman. and man, its is huge, it weights a metric ton.

Before i rip the hard plastic open, will it fit on my Asus SLI premium on top of my 4000+ in a cooler master Phaetorian atx mid tower case?

or should i send it back and use the stock cooler that amd gave me?

thanks

sergei

The heatpipes on it look pretty wimpy, but maybe I'm just used to the super-sized heatpipes on the Freezer64. :p

EDIT: Just read the review, I don't think the FX-53 puts out enough heat at stock to really show off what a good cooler is capable of. Seemed fairly close to the stock heatsink to me.

120mm Fan? Its the 7700, this is the only heatsink Zalman makes with a built in 120mm fan.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cpu-zal-15.html?id=BIer9c2Z

And to answer your question Karl, its not weither it will fit in the case its weither it will fit on your mobo. Zalman has a compadability sheet on their homepage, the most importaint things to look for are weither or not it will hit your memory or northbridge heatsink and weither or not it hangs over the top of the mobo. If it hangs over then it might come in contact with your PSU when you install it.

Good luck finding a heatsink!!!

If it IS the 7700, it'll fit both AMD and Intel SLI premium boards...I've tried on both, and fits fine, although you may want to plug in the fan header before you mount the hs....doesn't leave a lot of slack room when it's installed.

thanks got it installed. had to remove the mother board in order to put on it. It feels so heavy, hopefully w/ the additional bracket, it wont crush my processor. It moves alot of air, so i am kind of liking it. the whimpy one that amd gave me w/ the cpu just wasn't going to cut it think. hopefully be able to overclock it a few mhz

sergei

Back