• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Framerate slowdowns

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NightWolf_8800

Hey,

Im getting really bad framerate drops everynow and then in BattleField 2:Spec forces and Halo...

I've only been playing these 2 games that i notice it happening with... I'm not sure if they both use Direct X or what but the framerate slowdown is really really annoying... :(

The only way to get my framerate back up is to restart...

BF2 Settings:
1280 res 60Hz
All other settings on High
AA on 2x

My system specs are below in my sig.
Ive reinstalled Direct X and i have the latest NVIDIA drivers 81.94 (from the EVGA website)

Any Ideas...

Thanks
NW

Yea, I am having similar problems, but my rig is nothing of the caliber that yours is :p

I really noticed a performance drop with BF2SF, particularly on the 'Iron Gator' map. It seems like when I am inside the carrier and can HEAR (not see) the attack heli, my frames go to sH*t. When the heli leaves (ie. cannot hear it anymore) frames improve. Wonder if it is trying to render the heli even though it isn't in view??

Other levels are better, but with exact same settings from BF2, noticable performance drop overall in SF.

Cheers.

Make sure that you have affinity set to either core 0 or core 1 in your task manager, it seems like games dont like switching between cores on the X2's.

How do I do that???
Should I download the MS patch for dual core CPUs???
Should I get the dual core driver from the AMD site???
Does it affect perofrmance??

infinitevalence said:
open your task manager, select the game in the process list, right click and go to set affinity.
Yep that worked!!!
So what should I do now????
Everytime I close Halo I get the same problem so i need to reset the affinity...
Are there any patches that fix this???

Back