• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-90C and Delta 3 blade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vogster

Ok, I think I have decided on the XP-90C for my heatsink and now I am trying to decide on a fan. I am going to use a sunbeam rheobus because I want to be able to turn the fans down. My question is should I go for the 92mm delta 3 blade fan that is only 79 cfm or just stick to one of the standard delta/tornado 92mm fans that push 100+ cfm? I think the 3 blade is supposed to have higher pressure or something but does that make up for the lower cfm?

I have an SP-97 and a high speed Tri-blade on my socket A system (see sig) running at 7v and it is okay. The fan has the typical higher picthed whine associated with smaller fans. If you can deal with that by all means go with the higher speed fan so that you have the option to run it wide open or at 7/5v. If you like your system to be a little more quiet I say go with the lower speed fan or maybe even a panaflo. I used a 25mm mid speed panaflo before I got my high speed Tri-blade and it was much quieter, but my temps were about 3-5 degrees higher.

I bought the 92mm x 25mm Delta Triple Blade (29.5dB and 40cfm) and it is SUPER quiet and cools just as well as my noisier/faster 92mm fan. The noise from it is all really low pitched (no high pitched whines or noises of any kind) so the side panel of the case blocks it really well and it's much harder to hear that type of noise over background noise than it is the high pitched noises. I would highly suggest these fans. I was skeptical at first, but I'm very glad I got it, it really is a great fan.

But on a side note, the hub diameter of these fans really isn't any smaller than normal fans, it's exactly the same. It is only smaller compared to the oversized hub on some of those ultra high extreme speed Delta's or the Sanyo Denki's. Just a heads up :)

I don’t mind a little noise. I was mainly curious about the performance different of the 3 blade vs the higher cfm standard tornado/delta fans.

Last edited:
Back