• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How will I notice really loose timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I'm looking to go from:

512MB 2-2-2-11 running PC3500

to

1GIG 3-4-4-8 running PC4200

How will I notice the change from really tight timings to really loose timings? What difference will there be?

Cmon, I know someone can answer this.... I don't emagine it to be a really complex question but I do remember asking it sometime in the past with no response...

well nowadays its quite jump from 512 to 1gig so i think it will be better even with worse timings

well nowadays its quite jump from 512 to 1gig so i think it will be better even with worse timings

Word.

If you're running Windows XP, you'll see a huge difference going from 512 megs to 1 gig. Literally night and day, regardless of those differences in timings.

EDIT: Some hardcore benchmark psycho's might notice it in some very certain aspects of very certain programs, like a small dip in memory bandwidth. But like I said, the real world value of the of the difference in timings will be completely, totally, and utterly excplised by the upgrade of size.

Back