• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone have one of these Samsung Harddrives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman_SCO

I'm off to my local pcworld tomorrow to purchase one of these at their website price. (Reserved)

These are known to be extremely quiet.

Does anyone have a Samsung Spinpoint SP2014N (200gig pata)?

How quiet are they? Would you recommend it and how reliable are they?

Oh.. Does it have 4 screw holes underneath the harddrive..do you know, like maxtors?

This will be my first move from a line of maxtors.

Thanks.

Samsung are the quietest drives I know of. Looking at the specs on Samsung's website (Link) I think it would be a very nice drive. It looks like Samsung has a three year warranty, which is better than several hard drive companies.

As for the screw hole question, I think those are standard on all drives. I know my seagate has them, and I would guess that the Samsung drive would have them as well.

Normally I recommend Seagate to people, but if you can get a good deal on a Samsung, I'd say go for it. It should work well for you!

Hope that helps! :)

The drive is performing excellently.

It is very quick and extremely quiet. I had a look round other forums and some people say it even gets quieter over a short period of time. My psu is now the noisiest item. Samsung has done well. Very pleased.

I have heard good things about Samsung. I also like Seagate a lot. I won't buy another Maxtor. I would give a Western D a try though. Last one I used was a 9 year old 1.19GB drive in a Pentium-166 computer :p

Back