• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnmcc516

Hey guys, I am gonna buy a fan controller for my brother for xmas. His PC is loud as crap. Anyway, I was wondering which controller was the best for the money. I'd like to keep it $50 or less. Any links to where I could do some reading about them would be appreciated.

johnmcc516 said:
Hey guys, I am gonna buy a fan controller for my brother for xmas. His PC is loud as crap. Anyway, I was wondering which controller was the best for the money. I'd like to keep it $50 or less. Any links to where I could do some reading about them would be appreciated.
A fan controller is just a rehostat..bare rheostats cost less than $1.50 at that power level. So the cheapest will perform the same as the most expensive. Now features...do you want 6 fans controlled? lights?, a card reader?, dancy digital display? Those are personal choices. No one can tell what features you want (or your brother can use)...that's up to you. FrozenCPU has a good selection. Pick a couple that you think he will like and read reviews.

If you just want a basic fan controller that has 4 channels,the ability to handle more than one fan (as long as you don't exceed 20w) per channel, and have a spare 5.25" bay...I say go sunbeam. It's only like $12 or so and is easy to find. If you need something more than or have specific needs give us some more detail and we can help you.

Rattle said:
ya thats a great one and it comes in black too, nice price also, I was turned onto it by another forum member

Same here, I have 2 black ones. Cold Cathodes and all the fans in my case are hooked up to them.

You can hook up Cold Cathodes to it? What kind of power plug does it require?

Thanks,
GearShift3r

I have never personally done it, but yes you can. The rheobus itself takes the three pin type connection.

GearShift3r said:
You can hook up Cold Cathodes to it? What kind of power plug does it require?

Thanks,
GearShift3r

Sure can! It's great for when you go to bed and you don't want the CC lights illuminating your room.

Back