• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI X300 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sean2857

does anyone know how to get my PC to start up using the monitor as my default display? for some reason my PC always starts up using the S-Video output. its kinda hard trying to get into the bios when u have to look through a distroted picture on the tv:'( thanks for the help:)

Normally, if S-Video is not plugged in, it will default to VGA or DVI. In fact, I don't think I have ever heard of a card not. Check the card it self, there might be a Pal/NTSC jumper, change that and the screen will be fixed. Another option would be to boot into windows, install drivers blindly, and then navigate using psychic powers to the displays section and change it from Pal to NTSC. I actually did this once, took my machine with me on a trip and didn't bother to set it to NTSC before I left. (was using a Hotel TV)

ok i just uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers..nothing. when i boot up the PC, my monitor tells me that the horizontal refresh rate is at 50 and my monitor starts working at 55. cant figure out whats wrong. i plugged in my old crt and it turned on no prob. no idea what to do to fix it. i also looked at the card for jumpers earlyier and it doesnt have any.

ok i dont see a display tab. i'm assuming you mean display properties, click on the advanced button? if so, the only tabs i see are general, adapter, monitor, troubleshoot and color management

Back