• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My QMD folder lost its OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max0r

Due to some WEIRD problem i'm running at stock settings. Was doing 225 ppd, lets see @ 3.4 GHz 800 FSB 200 RAM. Let's see 2.26 GHz 533 FSB 133 RAM.

edit: my bad, 533/133 fsb and 166 RAM.

Last edited:
Are you sure it was really running at 3.4 when you were timimg QMDs? I ask because 225 ppd is almost exactly what it should put out at 2.26 GHz, 2.26 x 95ppd/GHz = 214.7ppd. The 95ppd/GHz figure comes from a lot of folks not just me. Silver built a 2.26 GHz cellyd, oc'd to 3.4 GHz with some tight ram timings and got 435ppd, 128ppd/GHz. On QMDs, celeron Ds are memory bandwidth bound until FSB goes over ~750 effective. At this point memory bandwidth exceeds ~4000mb/sec and production improves dramatically. A 50% oc results in 100% increase in production. If you've got everything working right, these are the results you'll see.

Last edited:
It is funny you mention that because here's something freaky. The point production is exactly the same now! SuperPI 1 MB is running a helluva lot slower, but QMD production is same?!?!? Weird! Here's a thread where I posted screenshots of up to 3.5 GHz 206 MHz memory...

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4064752&postcount=36

Oh ya forgot to mention, this is all on one stick of RAM not running tight timings, just ValueSelect. I will have another one in a couple weeks for dual channel capabiltiies. Maybe that's been holding this proc back.. bringing it to its knees.

Last edited:
Back