• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 3000+ or AMD 2500-M ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Hi,

Just want to know which processor will be the best to get down. I'm going to use iether of this processor to install Windows 2003 server and then test it for my studies. Considering all the aspects which one is the best to get my hands into? I'm looking for all your opnion. thnaks in advance for any sujjestions.

I suppose that you think of 3000+ AthlonXP vs 2500M, then 2500M would be the better CPU because you will probably be able to OC it a little higher. And it has unlocked multi so it gives you better flexibility to work on with your RAM.

well Hamm3r I'm not intending t overclokc this baby becase this is totally for a server os testing but if I get crazy yes i'll do a little bit if ther's no harm in it. The 2500M is getting with a gigabyte 7NNXP (http://www.gbt-tech.co.uk/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7NNXP.htm) mobo. I think it'll be a stable mobo.

The XP3000+ is getting with a AZUS A7V8X-X M/Board. I know it is less features. But for me what is important is stability so still what confuse.

Anyone ever had any of those mobo in their systems? If that so how would you rate it? I've to make my decision before Monday :D

If you wont overclock then go with the faster processor. For server applications system ram will play a larger role than processor cache, especialy in a system that you will just be testing with. Either motherboard should be completely stable as long as the chipset drivers and such are the latest versions.

I think i'll go for the AMD 2500M processor with the Gigabyte motherboard. It's got dual lan and more features than I expected. I already have 1 Gig Ram in my previous system so I can fix them in that mobo. Only thing is it's PC2100(kinda old) Hope I'll make a good system out of it. Thanks for all your comments guys. Azus is ok but that board is having KT400 chipset which is much older and and I don't want to have such older chipset iether. After all according to the web search I did NForce2 chipset seems to be highest praised. So Gigabyte will be a good choice. :D

How much money are you going to pay for that? If its full cost, might just get a s754 Sempron setup, about the same $$$, and a lot faster.

for the xp 2500M and the Gigabyte mobo £94
for the XP3000+ , Azus mobo an da 512MB PC3200 £ 134

So considering my budget limit and thinking I already having 1Gig mem I thought first option would be fine for me. But Still somewhat confusing. I really like the XP3000+ processor but don't like that mobo :D

The Gigabyte mobo is, in my opinion, the better choice and the mobile 2500 will allow you to run at or in excess of anything that most XP 3000 will run, so I just don't see how you could go wrong with GA/2500 combo.

BUBBLE said:
for the xp 2500M and the Gigabyte mobo £94
for the XP3000+ , Azus mobo an da 512MB PC3200 £ 134

So considering my budget limit and thinking I already having 1Gig mem I thought first option would be fine for me. But Still somewhat confusing. I really like the XP3000+ processor but don't like that mobo :D
Take a look at s754 2800+ Sempron and a Chaintech NF3 or a Gigabyte K8U mobo. How much would that cost?

Hi well The Coolest the problem is this is a auction in e-bay so I've to decide which one is the best to me. I didn't find any attractive option in sempron. After all I've never used sempron and have no faith in that I'll iether stick to AMD XP or go to the 64bit processor. I know sempron also having 64bit but not sure how good it is. After all I'm in looking forward to the budget concern also :p

Back