• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-120 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

I have the XP-120 on my eVGA nf41. The thing mounted just fine after I bought a new backplate. Now when I go to attach my 120x120x38 fan the fan clips do not quite work. On my SP-97 the fan clips were TIGHT. They were like rock solid on the fan. With the new XP-120 they are so loose on 2 corners they just come out. Seem to kind of hold the fan in but not really. I rubber banded the mount clips together so now 2 of the fan clips are missing the fan screw holes but the fan is more secure untill a rubber band dries out and snaps.

Anyone know how to get a better mount out of the mount clips and no rubber bands?

I have to put my fingers under my clip and actually lift it up and into the holes on the fan. I can't just slide the clip onto the fan like I did with my SP-97.

Which fan are you mounting on? I ask because the thickness of some fan's will cause it to be loose or tight

Go to radio shack and buy some silicone rubber sealant Apply it where the clip and the hole meet. It's real easy to get off

And I hope you are using the right holes in the XP-120

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back