• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asrock voltage options in BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lofiunico

I was hoping to get asrock to recognize the need for voltage options in their BIOSes. On many of their boards, there are none at all. Surely there are some asrock users here (although they are not the best overclockers for obvious reasons) or just fellow overclockers who want to help in this quest.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/asrock

thanks,
lofiunico

You can petition as much as you want the enthusiast market is not what Asrock is aiming at, I think asrock is a part of Asus and asus is the one making the boards for the enthusiasts.

given it is not aimed at enthusiasts for overclocking, does the name Asrock imply their motherboards are solid and stable as a rock? the 939Dual-SATA2 looks tempting

The link (that you get sent to your e-mail address) to post your signature doesn't seem to work :(.

Asrock

Yes Asrock is part of the AsUs family. Asrock is AsUs's entry level market boards. On some boards there is agp and dram voltage settings, basically High or Normal, that's it. I was however able to O/C my Intel Celey d from a 2.66 to 2.81. Seems stable, i've had no crashes or other problems. Being a Prescott core it still runs at 111F/44C.

It is my belief that ASRock deliberately neglected extremum oveclocking potential features on the 939Dual-SATA2 for the sake of the ASUS premium market.

Back