• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how come i can't run at 400mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nero1943

Registered
hello,

I have two pieces of 512mb twinmos pc3200 but in my bios when I tr to change it to 400mhz it won't let me. My max is at 333mhz.

Is this correct?

:shrug:

I not sure if your mobo supports it, but i think it does have you tried updating the BIOS?

I am also trying to figure out a similar problem. In Bios I try to set my ram (see sig) from 200 to 218mhz (218*2=436) to match rated speed and set voltage to 2.75. When I look in cpu-z it returns a speed of 109mhz... I'm confused...

Nero,, Not meaning to hijack just didn't want to start another thread if we could both get some answers here.

tom

yes my bios is updated to latest. Also I o/c my FSB 230 x 10.5 before 230 x 11 wasn't stable. But the werid thing is I can't get the RAM to work properly.

I would try the memory in anouther board if you can, and amybe some other memory in that board and see what happens.

Back