• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What really good games have come out recently?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks, as far as games go (stupid school work, eh?), and its now up to me to make a christmas list for the grandparents, ect., so whats new? Games I have played, and thoughts:

AOE3 - I love RTS, especially online. Liked the campaign.

C&C Tiberian Sun, RA2, Generals, ect - I love RTS, especially online.

Battlefield 2 - played it a ton. Liked it a lot.

F.E.A.R. - played it at a friend's house. Loved the beginning of the game, but it got old pretty quick.

Doom 3 - played it with a friend one weekend, hated the game. Got about 6 levels in, got bored.

Quake 4 demo - rather fun, but I'm worried it will get too repetative.

Diablo II - w00t, loved this game. Can't wait for D3.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - I liked it, but I bought it from Direct2Drive (never doing that again) and due to it's DRM ect., I can no longer play it.

Dungeon Siege 2: Friend and I got this one night, had some fun.... but it wasn't exceptional. I really have no desire to go back and play it.

Rollercoaster tycoon, the Sims (and 2), ect. - friend has them. Fun for the first few hours, but I don't have any desire to play them.

Neverwinter nights - that was fun, beat the game once, but havn't picked it up since.

UT2003 - Loved it, played it a lot.

UT2004 - Didn't like it so much. I have no idea why, either.

Half life 2 - campaign was awesome, HL2 DM was fun to play occasionally, but I never really got into it. Basically, beat it once and put it on the shelf.

CS/CS Source: Played em a lot, but now that I've played BF2, I get bored rather quickly.

Need for speed.... hot pursuit? I think - I really liked it at the time, but I have not liked recent racing games, at all.

Serious Same 2 - friend got this game, really fun to play on LAN but I can't see myself playing it on my own.

World of Warcraft - got to level 29, and decided I was bored of playing servant.

Guild Wars - Great fun, but my friends didn't much like it, so I havn't played it recently.

I can't think of any others, but I'm certain I own more than that. :p

Right... so going off of that, anything coming out you think I'd like? I don't play single-player games often, usually just the multi-player. I have put thought into the BF2 expansion, but I havn't heard much about it. I like the Quake 4 demo, but I think I might get bored of it quickly. I still play AOE3, when both my friends and I are not busy, but that hasn't been too often recently. I am pretty open to all types of games, but keep in mind, I prefer multiplayer to singleplayer.

Well, I mentioned the BF2 expansion, but I'd like to hear some firsthand stories about it. B & W 2 I've heard mixed things about, and I don't think I'd play it all that much since its single player only (I think?). COD2 I'll look into, I'll check around for a demo.

Anything new I'll look at, play the demo, and then decide. If there is no demo, I'll ask my friend to get it and then decide. :p

FPS, RTS, TBS, RPG, RTCW :rolleyes:, show me em all.

Anyone heard anything about Halo II on PC yet??
I hate the "platforms" , they always want you to buy a new platform every couple of years.

monkeee2002 said:
Anyone heard anything about Halo II on PC yet??
I hate the "platforms" , they always want you to buy a new platform every couple of years.

I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure there will be no Halo 2 on PC. XB only.... And welcome to the forum. ;)

Yuri:

I have Q4 and like it. I played it for a bit after getting a little bored w/ doing end-game raid after end-game raid in WoW just to get my set armor, weapons, etc. Played it regularly for a couple weeks, a couple hours a sitting. Good stuff. Graphics are great, and it runs so much smoother than Doom 3. It does get repetetive a little later on. I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through right now. WoW has sucked me back in though. I imagine after I get tired of doing Battlegrounds, I'll probably fire Q4 back up again. Its good mindless killing of aliens... not much else. Haven't got into the multiplayer yet though, so I can't comment there. IMO, worth the $50 I spent.

You might want to check out CoD2 also. Haven't heard much, but what I have heard has been pretty positive. From what I've gathered from friends, coworkers, etc - If you get it, expect a good sequel; just don't expect it to be the next HL.

Back