• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lan in CT 1/28/06

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

i got in contact with these guys and they seem pretty cool, i think our usual gang will mesh well with them. they have a website with all the info, as well as a registration system. please head over there, read up, and sign up :) oh yeah, and please only register if you're definitely coming!

http://www.dbdlan.com/

Members attending:
crimedog
snvpa
rogerdurgans
SewerBeing
tom10167

Members who might grace us with their presence:
g0dM@n
jack222
Pinky

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... I hope this is the bye week for the NFL.

*Edit*
Just checked... it's a BYE week. Championship is the week before, and SuperBowl is the week after. So far a good start! :D

I may make it since it's nice and close. I need to get my damn DVD drive fixed though.

328 mi (about 6 hours 46 mins)

hmm...... which mean i could do it in ~5 ;), but still i doubt weather will be favorable that time of the year, plus spring semester will just have started up.....

I'll have to see later as stuff pans out, plus I don't have half those games they list and would most likely have to find a place to crash or pump myself full of caffiene to get home. :(

I'm in. :)

Only possible hitches I can see would be work (very unlikely) or a snowstorm.
Snow is possible, but unlikely to keep me from going. ;)

What the hell, I'll go.

I've never been to a LAN party, and I don't any recent or current games(but I can get them)

This is bascially - You bring your computer somewhere(monitor too? Peripherals) and play computer games all night?

It'd be fun if we could play a racing game. :)

tom10167 said:
What the hell, I'll go.

I've never been to a LAN party, and I don't any recent or current games(but I can get them)

This is bascially - You bring your computer somewhere(monitor too? Peripherals) and play computer games all night?

It'd be fun if we could play a racing game. :)

Yeah you bring your computer, monitor, cables, power strip, network cable, input devices, headphones, and $5. Don't worry about games, there's a game shop right near by :sn:

Also make sure you register on their site, about 1/2 the seats are filled.

I would make this one, however I have a commitment to my religious youth group that weekend.

However, my gaming community is hosting a LAN Party on January 7-8 which is going to be awesome. Yonkers is about 20-25 minutes outside connecticut, and this location is very easy to get to... i-95 or CT-15 (merritt pkwy) to i-287 and you're pretty much done. Jack222, if you need a ride, let me know.

Our prices are a little bit higher than this LAN near hartford as it's $20 for one day, and $30 for both, but I personally guarentee it will be worth the price. This LAN is a little more tight-knit than our last LAN that had 70 people; we can only allot for about 35 people or so.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just wanted to give our fellow Connecticans more options, and LAN parties are always good :)

Gonna look over this weekend to ensure that it's OPEN for this LAN...

I'd go, but my site is throwing a LAN on the 7-8. We're having a 34 hour straight LAN and are playing some custom games which one of my members helped develop. It's a UT99 mod for UT2k4. Something many of my members are looking forward to for a tourney.

I'll do my best and see if I can make it.

trying to remind myself to check if that weekend is open!

i'm losing my mind... i'll try to remember AGAIN!

g0dM@n said:
i'm losing my mind... i'll try to remember AGAIN!

We get along too well for me to be sure you were playing with a full deck in the first place, amigo. ;)

CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'm still in, barring blizzards and such.
My new LAN rig is running nicely, so I plan on making a new water block and changing the pump out. ;)

I now have Quake4 and Battlefield2 should arrive soon, so I should be in good shape for games.....

EDIT:
I wasn't kidding about BF2 arriving soon.
It came.

Even better, it works in linux now, using Cedega. :)

I still have a few glitches to work out to get it playing well and at decent resolutions, but one way or another, it works.
At least on my 6600gt- I still have to try it on the 5900xt in my LAN rig, but worst case I'll swap the card over.

May not help Sewerbeing much, as he will be using one of my other LAN rigs.......;)
Borrowing sucks, eh. :D

Last edited:
Back