• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random onscreen typing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

What is this? I am sitting here typing and there are letters poping up without me pushing any buttons. I also get weird symbols similar to underscores just with weird designs. Has anyone else had this happen?

Ok. This is freaking me out. I was just writing a post and next thing I know it types "but in Japan". What kind of crap is that?

okobtain it is jumping in and out. The ok part I wrote not obtain, and there are underscroses with dots on them. They appear then disapear.

Random Onscreen Typing goes by the Acronym RoT. :)

It is caused by uberL337 haxxors, spyware, a virus, or some form of malware or a prank prog.

Just scan the system with all the usual tools, and AV programs, then do a disk cleanup, and you might wanna use a regclean util.

If it doesn't go away, go back to a previous restore point where you know the system was working.

try unplugging from the internet just to see if anything happens. probably infected with something.

When I was a SyaAdmin I used Doublevision to mess with users that annoyed me. that was fun.

If you've got a wireless keyboard, try popping the batteries out, and then reconnecting it, might pick a different channel. There's only 14 available and in particularly in places like apartments with lots of tenants under 50, since cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless networking, and wireless input devices and gaming controllers are all using the same 14 channels in the 2.4Ghz band, you're highly likely to get problems with one piece of wireless kit or another.

yeah that happens here in my dorm every once and while with my keyboard, normally corresponds with my batteries needing a charge. Happened today ironically

Back