• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hase

Registered
I have a decent entertainment setup including a media pc. I have been using an older ATI remote to control the PC. Unfortunately, it is RF and my nice expensive Sony remote is IR only. What is the cheapest way to setup the Media PC so that I can get back to using only one remote? I don't want to spend $50 on a remote and IR receiver, just to throw the remote in the closet.

I'd like to just buy a receiver to use but I would need software to make it work.
It is a learning remote but I would also need something that can teach my remote what the input/outputs should be.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Good to hear from someone who has done this. Does Girder allow you to generate codes and to program your remote? Or, does the remote need to be pre-programmed and those codes are used by Girder only?

Thanks

Your remote needs to be preprogrammed. Girder will accept almost any remote code, as long as its infared it will read it. So you really just need a unique code set, maybe pick out a vcr/tv combo from your remote manual that won't conflict with your tv vcr.

Back