• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can be done with agp x700 256 meg pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikapc

I recently bought a x700pro on the cheap to replace my 9800np->pro that I ruined. Are then any bios flashes for the x700pro? Are we mainly talking about just atitools overclocking with x700pro? Thanks

None that I know of. I just got a Built By ATi 256mb AGP X700 Pro too.

So far it has been performing worse than my 128mb Radeon 9000 Pro at stock clocks. Its performance has been miserable. I am thinking I messed something up in terms of drivers so when I get around to it I am going to do a complete reformat and do a clean driver install.

One thing I am concerned about with this card though, is the backside of it. I am not sure if yours is a Built By ATi, but mine has this pink pad on the backside of the GPU with a little rectangle cut out of the middle of it exposing a little bit of the backside of the GPU or something. When the card is running under load at stock clocks tray tools reports it at around 45C, however when I touch this rectangle, it is so hot it burned the rectangle on my finger! Just wondering if yours is this hot too? I don't recommend keeping your finger on it for more than a split second because mine was INSANELY hot.

All I know is that the card is performing worse then my 9800pro and I'm not happy about it. The thing overclocks but not very much.

I haven't even made an attempt to overclock yet. I am trying to sort out these horrific issues with frames per second. It certainly doesn't look good. :-/

Just for the record with a huge heatsink I was able to get my old 9000 Pro from 275 to 340ish or so (sometimes a bit lower depending on the game or benchmark). I will be happy if I can get that percentage of overclock out of my X700 Pro, but I guess it isn't looking too good at the moment.

I have 3 X700 pro's(1-pcie and 2 agp) and they are all equal to my 9800pro-xt @ stock. Add in the oc'ing and they actually get quiet a bit of a lead over the 9800.

Back