• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to find a cheap p3 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pie-rate

I have a computer that needs upgrading (on a LOW budget), and a p3 1ghz lying around.

Specs of the computer to be upgraded:
p3 450mhz
384mb ram (gonna get more, probably 512 or 1gig if its cheap enough)
GeForce 2 Ultra

So to upgrade it I need a cheap p3 socket mobo with an AGP slot... only ones I've been able to find are ones that are $50ish (unacceptable, I want something in the $20-35 range) with onboard video and no AGP slot (unacceptable.)

I remember when I bought the computer that had the 1ghz p3 in it the mobo cost $30. That was years ago. Should be able to get it cheaper now.

You can afford a FX-55 and SLI'd 6800GTs but not a P3 motherboard? And unfortunately the only place you might be able to find a cheaper one than $50 would be ebay.

the reason your not going to find them cheaper is avalibility, since its been so long since the p3 has been in use, their numbers are now dropping. its going to cost you about the same or more to find what you want.

Soichiro said:
You can afford a FX-55 and SLI'd 6800GTs but not a P3 motherboard? And unfortunately the only place you might be able to find a cheaper one than $50 would be ebay.
I'm 16, I worked my *** off all summer for this rig.

I have plenty of money but I don't want to waste $20-30 when it could easily be saved.

infinitevalence said:
the reason your not going to find them cheaper is avalibility, since its been so long since the p3 has been in use, their numbers are now dropping. its going to cost you about the same or more to find what you want.
So there's noone that sells them? I saw some on justdeals.com, but they're all out of stock, plus that store has horrible reviews.

Last edited:
Back