• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink and Fan????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

Well I'm gong to order a new heatsink and fan this weekend cause the stock one isnt doing its job. and I was wondering what you all believe to be the best. I dont want to have to remove the motherboard to install one though. Please also include where to buy it. Thanks all.

I'm using the SK6 right now with a 7volt mod. delta 38.

load temp is 41C (room temp is about 75F)
load temp will go up to 47C when room has no air conditioning (about 80-85)

Don't know about other HSF, but my SK6 is doing very good right now, specially with the delta so quiet with the 7volt mod.

1coolpc.com has it for $30 (w/out a fan)
KDcomputers.com has it for $32, ($42 with the delta 38cfm fan, $40 with the Sunon 27cfm fan)
but someone else might find it cheaper else where.

http://www.millenium-thermal.com

glaciators kick some bootie and theyre VERY quiet. too bad I strapped a 120mm fan to the side of my case. It would've been nice having a quiet computer.

EDIT: I'm allowed to post that url, right? I mean, the overclockers web site has it posted too.

Thanks to all who have posted so far. The link to Millenium-thermal.com didnt work just to let you know. As far as the SK6 that one looks pretty good. Is there any heatsinks out there that will accomidate the 68cfm delta? Keep the posts coming folks.

I find the sk6 with a 30cfm delta is a good compromise between noise and performance.
If you dont care about noise the the ys-tech 40cfm fan would be good.
http://www.inflowdirect.com/thersk6cophe.html

If you want a heatsink thats made for a 80mm fan the only ones I
know of you need to remove the motherboard to mount the 1st time unless your case is open to the back of the motherboard where the cpu is.
The Alpha pal 8045 and swiftech MC-462a would be the 80mm fan ones.

The SK6 is great but with a delta 38 its definetly loud. Anyway over at Newegg.com they sell the sk6 for 27 buck without a fan and for 32 bucks with the Delta 38cfm fan included but it does not include the 3 to 4 pin adapter. They also have Alpha , Vantek , Swiftek and Global Win hsf.

Oh ya, one more thing. I was going toask about copper shims. What do they do and should I get one?

Do you have to remove the mobo to install this HSF? Also I have a Shuttle AK32 mobo wil it work with this?

Well thanks to all who posted, I decided to go with the SK6 with the YS Tech 40cfm fan and a tube of ASII. Not a bad price, was $54 with shipping. Again thanks to all.

There's a good link comparing a bunch of good ones on the front page...pretty hard to miss.

*Moved to "Cooling"*

i would strongly recommand the new glaciatorII. itz cheap(not really), it a performer and itz not lound, and most importantly, it lookz nice with 99.99%copper:cool:

Back