• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple games...gonna every come out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XZit

A couple questions about games that should be coming out.
I've been wondering for the longest time when:

Diablo 3
and
Startcraft 2
will be coming out.

Any ideas? Got a link to either one?
I've been antesipating both for the longest *** time--think they will even happen?

pz

there both blizzard so who knows, there still building that pool full of cash from world of warcraft

blizzard unlike other companies will not rush their game, they will take as long as needed(a bit overdo for sc2 tho) but still when it comes out it will pwn. Diablo 3 might not be as good as 2 bcuz that original team left and amde a new game (guild wars) so whenever d3 comes it might suck. As for sc2 well, i cant wait

Ya--I'm mostly antecipating starcraft 2.

Ya its in a way sorta nice that blizzard does take their time with developing games--the more time usually=the better game.
Hopefully the finished product will be excellent.
Starcraft 2 will be awesome. :)

pz

Well the current rumor going is that Diablo 3 is going to be an MMO of sorts, maybe like guildwars or something. And Starcraft 2 will be the god de facto of RTS.

Release dates are such,
Diablo 3 = When hell freezes over, and diablo is chillin in an igloo
Starcraft 2 = Our grandkids will be the ones to wait in lines for it

I heard that Starcraft 2 will not come out until Starcraft: Ghost is released because it sets up the story or something...Sounds like BS to me. I've been playing Starcraft for 4 years now and it's incredible how much life I've gotten out of it. Hopefully Starcraft 2 will bring enough new content to do the same.

It's not like their in a hurry. All they have to do to be successful is.................idk keep the wow servers running?

OC/ingmaddog said:
Add S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to the list.

Expect delay after delay, the guys who are making this game and it really is just a small group of guys to what I've heard/seen....It won't be out untill probably late 2006 if that.

XZit said:
A couple questions about games that should be coming out.
I've been wondering for the longest time when:

Diablo 3
and
Startcraft 2
will be coming out.

Any ideas? Got a link to either one?
I've been antesipating both for the longest *** time--think they will even happen?

Even though I hate Blizzard, Diablo 3 I will get solely because I rememeber having a ton of fun with Diablo/Diablo 2 when they came out. Starcraft is such an over rated game in my opinion, I hated it when it came out and I still think its meh.

shard said:
Well the current rumor going is that Diablo 3 is going to be an MMO of sorts, maybe like guildwars or something. And Starcraft 2 will be the god de facto of RTS.

Release dates are such,
Diablo 3 = When hell freezes over, and diablo is chillin in an igloo
Starcraft 2 = Our grandkids will be the ones to wait in lines for it

After they made World Of Warcrap, it wouldn't shock me if everything Blizzard made after the game was an MMO Lmao. Diablo 3 MMO Ehhhhhhh I don't know, especially if it is like Guild Wars which got insanely boring after like 2 months.

demighost said:
blizzard unlike other companies will not rush their game, they will take as long as needed(a bit overdo for sc2 tho) but still when it comes out it will pwn. Diablo 3 might not be as good as 2 bcuz that original team left and amde a new game (guild wars) so whenever d3 comes it might suck. As for sc2 well, i cant wait
uhh blizzard rushed World of Warcraft and it shows. I love the game but it had a ton of problems with things, everything from nasty exploits to majorly un-balanced play. Several of these issues still do exist.

They need to bring the Diablo to the dungeon lords/thief III/shadow towers type of build IMHO. Starcraft is gone off some 1992 dune II build. Still fun though.

its all about game play ... starcraft might have outdated graphics but man o man o man ... it still kicks some serious arse when it comes to gameplay ... ask any RTS fan and he will tell you that playing SC was an experience he or she will never forget ..

Starcraft 2 is a game any RTS fan would die to get their hands on ... unfortunately Blizzard decided to make a freakin Ghost game which i dont know when is gonna come out :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt that, unless blizzard has a box of magic wands, SC2 will be better than SC. It needs to come out some day, but I hope that day is still a few years away. There is still a lot of Starcraft to be played :)

There is only two game franchises that I gave up on and was not happy doing so. Diablo and Fallout. I feel once the dev team splits. Might as well loose all hope something on that title is ever going to come out. I can think of a few other titles that left me wanting more, but never gave the sequel I really wanted.. I tried to hold off for a bit on Diablo doing the ladder junky thing. It got to were I even dislike that now. Well Fallout.. that is the worst for me.

Seems like the only games left from the old days that gives good followup games is the AoE series.

A friend of mine told me that Blizzard doesn't want to possibly ruin the game or the story for SC, so for "star craft 2" it will basically be the same game, but with better graphics. Anyone else hear this?

twEEkerAreUs said:
Starcraft is such an over rated game in my opinion, I hated it when it came out and I still think its meh.
BLASPHEMY! Starcraft pwnz all! However, I will not install it on my machine because I have been clean for 3+ years now. I don't want to risk a relapse.

Back