• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have the Netgear GS608 Switch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ƒÓÒl

LINKY

Thought about getting this to start my first non-direct network, and was wondering if anyone had anything harsh to say about it. I've never owned a Netgear anything.

I have 5 computers and plan on getting a couple of print servers too, so the 8 port is just about perfect with future room should SBC/AT&T decide to get DSL out here in the sticks.
The reason for the gigabit is that 3 of my 'puters have gigabit nic's in them, and I may just get pci cards for the other older comps.

If you have any insights on it, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks!

while i cannot offer any personal experience for that switch, the reviews dont reflect any major problems. only negative i saw while skimming the reviews is that it gets a little warm, but doesnt appear to be anything that will cause problems.

For netgear products, i have only owned one netgear product, being a wired router. i have had problems with it crashing with high traffic torrents, but i havnt used any router aside from PC based ones that dont crash when pulling in 5 mbits from 100+ connections.

while i havnt comparison shopped for switches lately, and definately not gigabit ones, this looks like a decent purchase to me, as i said i cant see anything in there bad. you may want to do a quick google to see if anyone has posted about their experiences with it, but i doubt you'll find much.

Back