• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is an X800XT a good upgrade from a 6800nu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowfat

I want to upgrade my videocard, and really don't want to buy a PCIe board for my dothan because the 915P chipset is crap. I can get a x800XT AIW for a good price ($140CAD more than what I'll sell my 6800 for), but would it be worth it?
My current card's pipes open up fine (16pixel, 6 vertex) and it clocks to 460/1025.

You'll see some increase in performance from the superior core and core clock speed. With that kind of price I'd be all over it. You'll also get some benefits from superior memory as well. No reason why you shouldn't be able to overclock the ram to 550+.

that 6800NU is a gem.
even ay stock the X800XT should surpass it or match it I would say.

Your 6800NU is basically a really fast 6800GT, faster core by far then the 6800gt , the X800XT is a good match for that card, I dunno how much faster though or if by much unless it overclocks very well.

A warning: The X800XT is really hit or miss on overclocking. I've seen people get to 550 easily with their memory, but some of us start artifacting as soon as we go over 505 -.-

HousERaT said:
You'll see some increase in performance from the superior core and core clock speed. With that kind of price I'd be all over it. You'll also get some benefits from superior memory as well. No reason why you shouldn't be able to overclock the ram to 550+.

It's not $140CDN, it's $140 MORE.

Back