• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Install FAH on X drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

Hello, I need help pretty fast. I have permission to install FAH on one PC at my PC. the problem is, it needs to be a service and the one click installs to drive C. I need to install it to (T)hawspace. Anyone have any ideas how I can do this quickly? I only have a few mins.

Edit: Ok I just did the uberbuzzard install and I think it worked. Now though I need to ask, can I replace the old verson 4 fah witha version 5 client and still have it work? Also if deepfreeze resets the services is there a way to make it allow FAH? sorry if this is fuzzy, its just I have very little time.

Last edited:
You can replace the console as long as the service is stopped. You might have to edit the path info of the service since the name of the console is different. Ive heard that with deepfreeze, there is really nothing you can do.

Well that really sucks, I thought maybe there was a way to set DeepFreeze to no harm little FAH or something. Guess this borg won't be happening then. Sucks thought I was finaly going to get a decent size borg.

tenchi86 said:
Well that really sucks, I thought maybe there was a way to set DeepFreeze to no harm little FAH or something. Guess this borg won't be happening then. Sucks thought I was finaly going to get a decent size borg.

I think Deepfreeze reverts the computer back to a saved image. The only way to make FAH work is to have it included in the image. Even then, I would think each day's work would be lost when it is reverted back.

The only way to do it is to have the admin stuff to thaw deepfreeze and resave the image with F@H already installed.

Editing the path and the client used for service installs is farily straightforawrd registry editing. it just does no good if deepfreeze is going reload and older image that doesn't have F@H the next time the machine boots.

The work I think is fine. Its on the Thawspace drive, which I believe does not erase everyday. The problem is the FAH service will be deleted everyday, and I can't run through her lab every morning and start it again. I thought about asking her to add FAH to DeepFreezes trusted area so it would be left alone. Though she is not to be mean very lacking in computer skills to the point where I have had to tell her what the CPU is and the difference between adware and a virus scanner. Anyway if anyone has any ideas please do tell.

Ok new question, I am not saying I can. Though if I was able to thaw the drive out for say one or two boots and install FAH then reboot and have the drive frozen again, would it save FAH? Or redelete it?

Back