• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Sony Vaio.....Whoa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bulky and ugly.. now these..

398_large.jpg

[drool] The THX®-Certified ProMedia™ 5.1 personal audio system maximizes audio signals from new 5.1 computer soundcards. The new ProMedia 5.1 is more powerful than any other personal computer audio system in the world, providing the most satisfying ultradynamic surround sound experience available for multimedia applications.

The two-way ProMedia 5.1 satellite speakers include exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix™ Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies. A three-inch fiber-composite cone driver delivers smooth mid-bass reproduction.

The magnetically shielded center channel uses the same Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn tweeter and three-inch fiber-composite cone woofer as each satellite speaker, ensuring an ideal blend and seamless driver transition. The center channel comes with rubber non-slip stabilizing feet, new spring-clip wire terminals, and a rear-post adjustment for angle optimization.

The high-output, low distortion subwoofer is a bass-reflex type with a flared, tuned front port and two 8-inch side-firing woofers. The 500-watt BASH® amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom. BASH® (Bridged Amplifier/Switching Hybrid) amplifiers are powerful, conventional amplifiers with digital switching-type power supplies, which are efficient, high-output, low distortion designs that deliver superior sound quality over conventional Class-D amps. [/drool]

But I've got to ask you, is that an Overclock button I see on that remote? Hell it has every other damn button on that thing.

~RT~

But then again, when was the last time I actually used my speakers? Half the time when I play music or games, it's so late, so I'm using my headphones nearly all the time. So it's gotten down, for me, which are the best headphones.

I originally had those Sony ear-wrap ones, the left side died within two months of owning it. So I had to go out and get better ones. I picked up Koss UR-20, and have not regretted it, they have great bass and sound for headphones. UR-30 is the samething except they are collapsable.

large_UR20.jpg

Frequency Response 30-20,000 Hz
Cord Straight, Single Entry, 8ft
Plug 3.5 mm/6.4 mm
Impedance 32 ohms
Weight 10 oz
Sensitivity 97 dB SPL/1mW
Distortion <0.3%
Ear cushions closed

Cost me all of $29 for it :D

~RT~

I don't know about those klipsch being THX? I have had this belief that you couldn't even get THX certified speaker cable for under $200, much less a whole set of speakers/sub. I am not a fan of the Sony speakers in general, the high end stuff is okay-ish.

Headphones- go and get yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's, I had the HD 580's...sweet sweet sweet.

Those are all to classy for me...aka...to expensive. I am taking my 8's out of my car and hooking them up to the puter. I just love making things work like that. Some call me cheap, I call myself ingenious. It doesn't mean that you still can't call me cheap though.

I thought I could do that once, before I had my system in my truck, I had the box of dual 12" MTX Thunder 6000s, I openly expressed my thoughts of hooking it up to the computer as one kick *** sub, but was quickly denounced. The Ohm or frequency is completely different from car speakers/subs to computer speakers/subs.

~RT~

puke

sorry man if you want good audio then buy a stereo and hook your pc up to it. otherwise it really doesnt matter. computer speakers are all mediocre.

Ebola said:
puke

sorry man if you want good audio then buy a stereo and hook your pc up to it. otherwise it really doesnt matter. computer speakers are all mediocre.

you have not heard them have you???

i have the 4.1 set and i dont have to spend money for a stereo

stereo TV vcr WTF or those?????

RocknBull said:

you have not heard them have you???

i have the 4.1 set and i dont have to spend money for a stereo

stereo TV vcr WTF or those?????

I have personally listened to a Klipsch system with different types of music, games, etc. and I must say they did not didn't impress me as much as they do others. Perhaps if I was used to using $10.00 speakers and then auditioned the Klipsch I would be jumping up and down.

I would guess they are the best speakers that one can purchase specifically made for a computer system but they just pale in comparison after listening to the system I've built in my computer room (and I didn't spend a tremendous amount either).

I've never been a fan of Klipsch's bright sound anyway......wooops now I'm talking like I'm on a HT forum.

FunkyTechnician said:

I have personally listened to a Klipsch system with different types of music, games, etc. and I must say they did not didn't impress me as much as they do others. Perhaps if I was used to using $10.00 speakers and then auditioned the Klipsch I would be jumping up and down.

I would guess they are the best speakers that one can purchase specifically made for a computer system but they just pale in comparison after listening to the system I've built in my computer room (and I didn't spend a tremendous amount either).

I've never been a fan of Klipsch's bright sound anyway......wooops now I'm talking like I'm on a HT forum.

people get happy when they hear a Klipsch because maybe they upgraded from a crappy speakers....Or never hooked up their home recever to their computer..... But I know "Real" stereo sounds good and plays a whole lot louder then the Klipsch.....Now I'm not talking about those 20 or 40 watt's you have hooked up....I'm talking about 100 watts and up..

RedneckTech said:
Bulky and ugly.. now these..

398_large.jpg

[drool] The THX®-Certified ProMedia™ 5.1 personal audio system maximizes audio signals from new 5.1 computer soundcards. The new ProMedia 5.1 is more powerful than any other personal computer audio system in the world, providing the most satisfying ultradynamic surround sound experience available for multimedia applications.

The two-way ProMedia 5.1 satellite speakers include exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix™ Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies. A three-inch fiber-composite cone driver delivers smooth mid-bass reproduction.

The magnetically shielded center channel uses the same Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn tweeter and three-inch fiber-composite cone woofer as each satellite speaker, ensuring an ideal blend and seamless driver transition. The center channel comes with rubber non-slip stabilizing feet, new spring-clip wire terminals, and a rear-post adjustment for angle optimization.

The high-output, low distortion subwoofer is a bass-reflex type with a flared, tuned front port and two 8-inch side-firing woofers. The 500-watt BASH® amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom. BASH® (Bridged Amplifier/Switching Hybrid) amplifiers are powerful, conventional amplifiers with digital switching-type power supplies, which are efficient, high-output, low distortion designs that deliver superior sound quality over conventional Class-D amps. [/drool]

But I've got to ask you, is that an Overclock button I see on that remote? Hell it has every other damn button on that thing.

~RT~

Oh baby those look sweet !! I only have two big speakers I want surround sound for counter strike!

FerrariF50 said:

Now I'm not talking about those 20 or 40 watt's you have hooked up....I'm talking about 100 watts and up..

I don't recall putting my HT setup specs in my last post so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

People who believe "more watts=better home theatre" are the same kind of people who believe "more mhz=better computer".

There are many more factors that determine quality sound in a hi-fi system than sheer wattage specs. Actually using wattage is one of the worst ways to compare home theaters. Go check out
home theater forum for some information.

Yeah, why buy a 500-watt 2-channel amplifier to power you subs, which are 500-watt RMS, when you can buy a 75-watt 2-channel amplifier that will still power them? Bass my friend, I will tell you from experience, 75 watt amp with subs like those, will barely shake your seat. More wattage = better quality and more bass, in that case.

As for more MHz/GHz = better computer, no but it sure as hell makes it a lot faster. I used to dread the map loading screens in Deus Ex on my piddly little P3 550E, then I went up by all of 350 MHz to a T-bird 900, and those load screens are a breeze.

~RT~

Last edited by a moderator:
4 of my friends have a klipsch speaker setup, paid like 300 bucks for theirs, i was like no way, ill just use my stack stereo my dad gave me and the honking speakers that came with it.

Ebola said:
puke

Not true ... I hooked my Altec Lansing ADA880 to my DVD player in my room - then I watched the lobby scene form matrix - crystal clear and it knocked a picture off my bathroom wall.... nothign on the walls in my room - just repainted. The sound quality ... *drool* it was perfect and compare them to my uncle's JBL 5.1 home theatre sys he has wired up!

Computer speakers suck for listening to music......my friend has blown his subs......not just one, but about 4, they can't handle the tedious task of producing continuous bass.......
treble on the other hand, is not all that bad :)

Back