• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z0n3

Are these quality PSUs? I was planning on getting a PC Power and Cooling 510 but this has more power,equal efficiency, and is also NVIDIA certified just like the PC PC 510. It is also $60 cheaper. The only negitive I can see is that it does not have sleeved cables and is a bit loud. But that really is not a problem anyway. Is this really a cheap alternitive or will this thing short out on me? :-/

They're decent, but not really ideal for desktop systems due to the need to load down the 5v to get stable 12v regulation. Enhance made, not as good quality as PC P&C's 510w... I'd put them somewhere near Antec/CWT and Topower/OCZ. I've heard the 650w units are loud as well.

The only Silverstone I am confident can match the PC P&C 510's build quality is the new Etasis made 560w - not sure how loud they are just yet. The only true cheap alternative to a PC P&C 510w would be the Zippy HP2-6500P at Newegg.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in nVidia's certification - there are a lot of perfectly capable units that can run SLI that aren't on that list. Including the OCZ PS520, which is one of the most popular units for SLI out now.

Back