• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Flash HP MSI MS-6577 Bios..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent

Alright I finally managed to get myself a bios for my MS-6577..
However.. when I try to flash the bios, the new bios won't take and gives me some error about the bios-lock string being different to the original bios..
I've tried removing the bios-lock jumper but still can't flash this bios..
The system is a HP t134a 2.53GHz P4 if that's any help.. :( I've tried numerous flashing programs and all of them won't flash it..

Any suggestions on how I can flash this pesky mobo? :cry:

First make sure that you have a reason for flashing it otherwise your just wasting time and risking the change of screwing up the board for nothing. The other poblem isn't realated to the bios lock it seems, but the string which means the name on the bios does not match the name the current bios is looking for to allow you to flash it.

Oc

The reason i want to flash the bios is to OC teh pc :santa:
I don't currently have any FSB, Vcore or RAM Latency options in the crappy bios that HP give you.. Basically everything but the time is locked :eh?:
So.. you're saying.. the bios I have isn't the right one for the system? :shrug:

I think that is what the bios is thinking but I can't be sure, also any boxed pc from the major brands do not have overclocking option so your pretty much out of luck there, unless the board you have was available for retail then you should be able to get a bios that might offer some tweaking options but this doesn't happen very often

Back