• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this ebay seller look legit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would give that guy a miss. Looking at his feedback it looks like he just found ebay over the summer and he has been dumping lots of small cheap items that are easy to come by. Also, I see that nearly all of his feedback is since the beginning of September.

Now normally, my rule for picking a seller is to find someone with a couple hundred or more auctions and like 98%+ feedback but the fact that this guy is doing the business that he is sets me to wondering if he might be setting up a profile for some future nefarious activity.

So another seller with numbers similar to his would be fine by me but that would be someone who was a member of ebay for a good deal longer. He looks good in theory but he makes my spider sense tingle and you know what? I am sure that there are plenty of other sellers out there that will not do that.

Also, why would you buy a jacket on ebay in the first place? Why not a local department store where you can try it on and decide if you really like it?

PS: If you look at his negative feedbacks, he seems to have an issue with selling fake brand name goods as if they were real and he doesn't bother to respond to those.

VincentP said:
I need a new coat and was looking at the one in this ebay link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8361550723&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

Now To me it seems ok, but what do you guys think about this. It seems all the people who sell these coats have a 98.6% ebay rating, almost as if they cheated it.

I will be buying with a credit card.

Pass, coming from an eBay freak like myself. The guy registered in July and it's his coat dumping grounds apparently...Looking at his feedback that's kind of alarming good users don't have comments like "Item not authentic & missing tags, Shipping slow, Out of stock" How the hell can you be out of stock yet list it on eBay? That reminds me of all the Dropshipping losers who can't control inventory since it isn't in there hands.

Malpine Walis said:
I would give that guy a miss. Looking at his feedback it looks like he just found ebay over the summer and he has been dumping lots of small cheap items that are easy to come by. Also, I see that nearly all of his feedback is since the beginning of September.

Now normally, my rule for picking a seller is to find someone with a couple hundred or more auctions and like 98%+ feedback but the fact that this guy is doing the business that he is sets me to wondering if he might be setting up a profile for some future nefarious activity.

So another seller with numbers similar to his would be fine by me but that would be someone who was a member of ebay for a good deal longer. He looks good in theory but he makes my spider sense tingle and you know what? I am sure that there are plenty of other sellers out there that will not do that.

Also, why would you buy a jacket on ebay in the first place? Why not a local department store where you can try it on and decide if you really like it?

PS: If you look at his negative feedbacks, he seems to have an issue with selling fake brand name goods as if they were real and he doesn't bother to respond to those.

Northface XCR 2005 models are around $500, This is a older 2001 or 2001 model but still just as good, just a different design. seems like a much better deal if ya know what I mean.

Even if the guy dalls throgh Citibank says I have protection from stuff like this. how does it usually work when you put up a claim for a credit on a credit card.

Back