• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD rom drive does not recognize when a disk had been changed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

Hi all,
Been having a wierd problem on my main XP machine. When i put a CD in the drive it comes up fine. But then when I switch CD's it does not re-read to see what the new contents are. Even if I try explore CD it still thinks the files from the original CD are in there. It seems like some kind of caching problem but I've not been able to find anything on it.

Ideas anybody?

It's a known problem in XP, and there's a couple of workarounds I know of. Manually refresh Windows Explorer by pressing F5 or by clicking Refresh on the View menu in Windows Explorer... or don't use Folder view in Windows Explorer.

thanks. This is the first time I've had this happen. Even if i refresh the view its still there. Even the directory list is there. I've tried view-refresh and nothing. I'll try the f5 key. Even with the explorer viedw the old files are there. really annoying...

Back