• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Opinions on this board (ECS)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok i just noticed that the PCI-E on that board runs at 4x, but AGP and DDR2?

personally i wouldnt go for it you would end up spending more in the future save more cash and get a better board thats my advice especially if you want a 7800 in the future also go for 939 better upgrade options

I do believe that there is a brand named boar dwith pci-e and agp but i never looked at the specs and im off bed been up since 2am british time it's now 11pm speak soon!

Though I'm a big fan of LGA775, this board sucks. First off, only SATA150, only 2GB Ram, VIA North and southbridge (which I hate.) I also have an ECS board; a bit older though, to me, but the EXACT same specs as this one without the DDRII. You would do better with another board. Also ECS rarely OC's as good as an ASUS 775. Just seems to be a fact.
Disclaimer: Only my opinions. Take or leave em.
Brad

yeah i went and did some research, thanks for the opinions ECS is out of the question.

I bought the ECS RS400-A with the P4 630 and its not bad at all for a super low budget mobo. I'm using the onboard video so don't know how good the agp or pcie is. Works great for a server. I've got my 630 overclocked to 3.54GHz.

The sandra 2005 scores are nearly equal to my P4 [email protected]. Slightly Less in mem bandwidth but higher in integer performance.

Back