• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys and Girls, Upload your units NOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

While the net looks like its accepting more and more incoming and outgoing connections :D on the SETI network bandwidth usage graph it looks like its nearly trippled in incoming bits/sec, and my caches have just over half cleared in the last 30mins.. if you are desperate for work, i would try now, as this may not last long

mini-graph.cgi

Careface*

guess its a matter of opinion then :p the way i see it, if everyone just goes "oh well, everyone will be trying to connect, ill just wait a bit" then the results would never get uploaded. In the end its upto you guys which way you wanna take it :p

anyway, update, its uploading quicker and quicker, and the cache on one of my pcs is now cleared

13/12/2005 2:51:38 p.m.|SETI@home|Requesting 8640 seconds of new work, and reporting 64 results

Careface*

Just one question about the graphs above, seems like their maximum bandwidth in the last couple if months was 50Mb/s, I remember that before network used to shoot up to 100Mb/s after the outage but now it doesnt seem to be the case. Did ISP cut off half of their bandwidth?

hmm thats a good point, i never really thought about it.. i cant find anything on the boards about it though.. anyone else with inside info know? :p im just glad we can now send and recieve units [easier] now.. i mean, its not back to where it should be (im still getting 'no work from project' even though there are 800,000+ WU ready to be sent) but hey, its getting better :D

Careface*

As far as I remember the guys at SETI@Home have over 100 Mb/s bandwidth.....thet should be hitting a wall as all over the wall WU are being sent to them, but I have cleared huge caches overnight wih almost no drop in connections.....as for WU download I have to retry in some of them but WU are being served just fine in my end :D :burn:

Back