• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did my video card overheat or something?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dell_Axim

ih4ch2.jpg
All the icons are gone! This happened while I was working on a project. I tried closing AutoCAD and reopening it, but the problem is still there.
The video card is a 64MB AIW 9000. The video card is not overclocked. I actually had that same problem while working on a different project about two years back, with the same card but in a different PC. That time, it solved itself after some waiting.
Is it merely an overheating problem or is the video card bad? The PC is a 2.8GHz P4, 1663MB RAM, Windows Server 2003.

I'm thinking it has something to do with hardware because I set AutoCAD to use its own software renderer and I could see my work. The icons are still gone, but at least I could work!

I would say the card held out last time but for CAD work it seems a bit small. As far as him using a Ed version thats ok as long as he is a teacher or a family member is. IMO buy a better vid card with more power for that kind of work.

Back