• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overcloced Cely 65nm @ 5.0GHZ 1.456v 65nm Rules!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jame Gumb said:
Wow....... I guess the name Celly won't be chastised anymore! So the chip it beat was $800+ overclocked?
Yeah, $800 overclocked a year and a half ago. :rolleyes:

I won't deny that the result is quite impressive, but the comparison is senseless. As far as I'm concerned, all it shows is how weak the Celeron is clock-for-clock...any 6xx could beat that well over half a GHz slower.

The Fx-53 in comparision is a Socket940 cpu with registered memory. But if it was on air, it demonstrate Intel super 65nm technology, and that mean that a 6xx/9xx will overclock incredibly high

Last edited:
Gautam said:
I won't deny that the result is quite impressive, but the comparison is senseless. As far as I'm concerned, all it shows is how weak the Celeron is clock-for-clock...any 6xx could beat that well over half a GHz slower.

Exactly, like when hey were comparin 7800GTX' to the x800 line of cards.

Maybe compare it to the FX-60 if / when it comes out but this is Intels new line - compare it to AMD's new line.

hahaha ...and people were bragging not one week ago that these new CPU's wouldn't be able to spank those overpriced AMD's.

AMD just got owned again. Regardless of the cooling, regardless of the performance per clock, nothing you can do to that AMD will make it perform better than these new CPU's.

I bet it's not gonna be a week before Ruiz and the rest of the crybabies have some excuse on their website about that.

I am loving every minute of this. AMD is getting served. They went teasing the Lion and now they are getting eaten alive, and there's nothing they can do to stop it. They best kick Ruiz out on his ear and get somebody in there with some sense, and start making some ammends real quickly, or they won't make it out of this alive.

I said this was gonna happen 3 months ago, and people on here were flaming me right and left calling me a fanboi and everything else. Well, to those people, I can only say "I told you so!" I even remember saying "Remember that I said this, because it WILL happen". Believe me now?

3DFlyer said:
hahaha ...and people were bragging not one week ago that these new CPU's wouldn't be able to spank those overpriced AMD's.

AMD just got owned again. Regardless of the cooling, regardless of the performance per clock, nothing you can do to that AMD will make it perform better than these new CPU's.

I bet it's not gonna be a week before Ruiz and the rest of the crybabies have some excuse on their website about that.

I am loving every minute of this. AMD is getting served. They went teasing the Lion and now they are getting eaten alive, and there's nothing they can do to stop it. They best kick Ruiz out on his ear and get somebody in there with some sense, and start making some ammends real quickly, or they won't make it out of this alive.

I said this was gonna happen 3 months ago, and people on here were flaming me right and left calling me a fanboi and everything else. Well, to those people, I can only say "I told you so!" I even remember saying "Remember that I said this, because it WILL happen". Believe me now?

you don't have a clue of which you speak. amd will not be owned by netburst. just because a ES celeron cedar mill clocked up to 5ghz doesn't mean amd is in trouble. a64s will still have an edge on cedar mill, and x2 will spank presler. using superpi (a benchmark that intel has the edge in, and is unapplicable to the real world) to compare a celeron to a fx53 is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of. you latching onto that makes second. stop patting yourself on the back.

ps why must you flame bait in every thread trying to give us info about new intel chips?

crimedog said:
you don't have a clue of which you speak. amd will not be owned by netburst.

I thought that the new 65nm chips did not include netburst architecture.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-GearShift3r

GearShift3r said:
I thought that the new 65nm chips did not include netburst architecture.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-GearShift3r

Netburst isn't a 'thing' you do or do not include, it's an architecture which goes like:

IF ipc = high OR clockspeed = low
THEN lower ipc OR increase clockspeed

{o} said:
Netburst won't leave until Conroe/Yonah drops. Last I read, anyway.

yohan is coming out real soon with the cedar mills and preslers, while conroe is some time late next year. cedar mill and presler should be the last chips with the netburst architecture.

crimedog said:
yohan is coming out real soon with the cedar mills and preslers, while conroe is some time late next year. cedar mill and presler should be the last chips with the netburst architecture.

Hehe, you quoted me before I yanked out the Yonah part. I just realized Yonah and Dothan aren't even Netburst at all.

Back