• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknow Amd sempron 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Primu$

Unknown Amd sempron 3200+ HELP PLEASE!!

Hello i recently bought a $70 amd sempron 3200+ cpu, but when i first bought this i thought it was the athlon 64 3200+ :bang head: the dealer did not display proper pics/spec for me when i purchased it cuz i assumed it was the athlon 64 3200+. Now im stuck with a CPU and im curious if anybody has heard or know any specs of this cpu, i have searched it and there is rarely info on this cpu i know it not a socket 754 cuz in the products list it skips this model number. And the amd sempron 3200+ seems to be a S939 pin from what i see.
Any other known info or questions about this would be great!

Thanks

Last edited:
Looks like a s939 Athlon64 3200+ to me...
Where did you get the idea that it is a Sempron? There is no mention of it being a Sempron anywhere in the listing and there is no Sempron 3200+ AFAIK.

futura2001 said:
Looks like a s939 Athlon64 3200+ to me...
Where did you get the idea that it is a Sempron? There is no mention of it being a Sempron anywhere in the listing and there is no Sempron 3200+ AFAIK.

Yes Futura2001 i assumed that when i purchased it and i did research! but on the damn CPU it says sempron not athlon? anyone have any other clues about the cpu?

I believe it to be an oem CPU, which is why noone has heard of it. maybe pulled from a laptop or a compaq desktop or something. I would love to play w. that thing

OC4life said:
I believe it to be an oem CPU, which is why noone has heard of it. maybe pulled from a laptop or a compaq desktop or something. I would love to play w. that thing
hmm if you are interested i will let iit go after I play with it! :santa:
For now im interested in further info from what i've read its a 1.8 Ghz but it maybe an athlon just missprinted sempron stamp!
when i get my asus a8n-sli Dx i will post specs with cpu-z for yall who are interested

Primu$

doubt its a misprint. 939 semprons were rumored to show up @ beginning of 06. I wonder how much cache it has and if it supports dual chanell (I would think it would have to support dual chanell). I bet that thing OC's like a champ!!!

OC4life said:
doubt its a misprint. 939 semprons were rumored to show up @ beginning of 06. I wonder how much cache it has and if it supports dual chanell (I would think it would have to support dual chanell). I bet that thing OC's like a champ!!!
Well we'll see when my s939 mobo comes in tomorrow!! ill post pics for you OC4life!

OC4life said:

It would have to suppoet dual chanel ram casue it's s939

It's probably one of the OEM-only S939 Semprons. They've been making them for awhile now, but they are only available in oem machines (like HP).

electrorcamd said:
It's probably one of the OEM-only S939 Semprons. They've been making them for awhile now, but they are only available in oem machines (like HP).
Yes i did a few seraches and it is OEM from HP, anyone know of propers specs for this cpu?

Sempron 3200+
Frequency - 1.80GHz
L2-Cache - 256KB
Hypertransport - 1000MHz
Multiplier - 9x
Voltage - 1.35-1.40 V
Part # - SDA3200DIO3BP

Just found this, thought it might be useful.
opn.gif

click for better view

from http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron-3000.html
the only difference between the 3000 and 3200 is the L2 cache.

Back