• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mboard problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danc

i have a KG7-RAID mboard and i cannot get any floppy drives to work AT ALL.
is there any way to fix/repair this or is it easier/cheaper to just get another mboard??

if i should get another one - which is best?
(must be socket A and capable of running Durons and Tbirds)

Cheers for any help/info

If you can't get any to work, I'd replace your board. Sounds like you had some bad luck when you got it. I would try to RMA it to the company you bought it from, and try to get a new one for free.

Welcome to the Forums! :D

Im not sure what the problem is but I would check your warenty before buying another mobo....

Danc said:
i have a KG7-RAID mboard and i cannot get any floppy drives to work AT ALL.
is there any way to fix/repair this or is it easier/cheaper to just get another mboard??

if i should get another one - which is best?
(must be socket A and capable of running Durons and Tbirds)

Cheers for any help/info

Welcome to forums danc, I'll cya on IRC later
BTW, I forgot to ask you to check the warrenty :D

If the floppy drive light is always on it could be that you have the cable in the wrong way. Other than that there are some kt266a boards out right now.

kendan said:
If the floppy drive light is always on it could be that you have the cable in the wrong way. Other than that there are some kt266a boards out right now.
Kendan is right. Before you do something foolish, check to see if the cables are in the right way. Even if you think it is right, try switching the floppy cable. I know, this thing happened to me before too. After purchasing a new floppy, I found out that the cable was in the wrong way on the floppy. I felt stupid. Lots of luck.
Abb

Yup happened to me too.

But today was one of the worst and scariest times. I decided to kill my "masking tape rounded IDE cables" cover them with see through tubing from my water cooling kit, and then clena out the case. I did everything, but the cpu wouldn't boot. I thought that perhaps I screwed up the mobo by hitting it with my hadn or with something and scratched it. After 3 hours, I found out I had put in the power for my floppy drive the wrong way. Stupid thing is that for some reason the cpu doesn't work when it's in the wrong way....go figure

i have tried switching the cable so i guess i have to hunt for the warranty and get a free mobo off the company....

cheers for the welcome and the help guys.

Frodo - i'll catch u later m8

Danc

ohh yeah, it case i can't get a new mobo under warranty, what's the best mobo i can get for a Duron??

(Must be upgradedable to top-of-the-range Athlons coz i don't want to have to buy a new mobo next year....)

Danc

Danc said:
ohh yeah, it case i can't get a new mobo under warranty, what's the best mobo i can get for a Duron??

(Must be upgradedable to top-of-the-range Athlons coz i don't want to have to buy a new mobo next year....)

Danc
I would wait until Asus and Abit come out with their new boards sporting the new KT266A chipset. The models are Asus A7V266E and Abit KR7. If you do not want to wait then the Epox 8KHA+ is also an excellent board with the new chipset as well, and it is out now.
Abb

Cheers for the help guys.
I think i'll wait for the Abit KR7 as i don't desperately need a floppy atm.

Back