• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fold every bit you can

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiggamanjb

I'm not sure if this belongs here, if not sorry......

We just found out that my wife's mother has brain cancer. I just got back from the hospital where they operated on her and said it doesn't look good and there is no known cure. They are giving her 3-18 months. So please fold everything you can, so this doesn't have to happen to anyone else. And if you believe in any higher power, please say a quick prayer. Thanks.

Sorry to hear man, though I think everyone here is already folding what they can. Though this does help remind us why we fold in the first place. She will be in my prayers.

Sorry about the new, she is in our prayers also.

If it ain't folding, it's either broken, being setup or I did'nt order it yet.
About that avitor, my screen melted :eek:

Will be praying for your family, best wishes to you all. :(

Ive been very fortunate to only lose 1 family member so far in my lifetime(cancer). That is why I fold, and so that neither I nor anyone else has to lose someone so needlessly. Your wife's mother is in all our thoughts.

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. This is the reality that we face in life, and we are all here for you. I'm sure I speak for all when I say I am at your service if there is anything I can do.
Folding is worthwhile and it's why we are here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and her mother.

I doubt that folding will lead to cure for my generation (maybe for some of our younger members tho)... but hopefully for our kids!

... and who knows what other human conditions it might shed some light on!

thank you all for your support!! just came from the hospital again and she seems to be doing ok. she has a hard time saying what she is thinking, but she is in good spirits concidering everything. i will try to keep this updated. hopefully this will help everyone realize that F@H isn't just a little program that runs in the background and can lead to something more.

update

we are going to University of Michigan for a 2nd opinion. they are now saying there is a slight possibility ( 5% ) that she could recover from this with very aggressive treatment.

Yes .. I am glad there is some hope! We're thinking of you.
Never give up while there is hope.

Back