• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Valve servers sucking lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

So I used to get amazing pings and rates in valve games: hl2dm, css, cods, etc. As of the past month, I find it hard to find a server under 100 ping. When I do, my shown ping is usualy around 30 but the game is still choppy and laggy that it's almost pointless to play with honed reflexes...

Is anyone else experiencing this lately or is it just me?

edit: and what's with the number of crappy servers? limited speach, no swearing, banned awp?

Pat,

I had the same issue you had till I realized it was a steam setting that wasn't configured (i guess it was set back to default during a patch or something). I would ping servers around 70 but when I play it would be at 250+. Check your Steam: Settings > Internet > (your connection speed).

I was at 28.8 (default) switched it to my connect type 1m and bam no problems with lagg. Hope this helps.

Back