• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

Okay I have a new power supply in there, after the old one blew up when building the computer. It now works and and the cpu and northbridge fans work. I however can't get any video to the monitor. I took out the video card and tested it, and it works fine. Do you think the motherboard fried when PSU blew up? Any suggestions?

like doc said try reseting cmos.not being sure of the mainboard many will reset auto matically holding the insert key while booting but may take up to three times.

Sir-Epix said:
Okay I have a new power supply in there, after the old one blew up when building the computer. It now works and and the cpu and northbridge fans work. I however can't get any video to the monitor. I took out the video card and tested it, and it works fine. Do you think the motherboard fried when PSU blew up? Any suggestions?

The PSU taking the motherboard out is a possibility, but it could also be the Cpu (a bad psu did that to me in the past). Sometimes these things are just "quirky", I've had trouble with ASUS and FIC giving similar symptoms.

Are you getting any beep codes? Are you sure the memory is O-K? Reread your manual and check all of your jumpers, set them to the factory default if in doubt.

If everything else checks out fine, reset the CMOS and try starting over with just the basics, one stick of ram and just the video card to see if you can get it to post.

Post more of your system information, motherboard, CPU etc.

I wish I could give you a definite answer.

Good Luck!

Bummer!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like the mobo has taken a trip to the big mobo graveyard in the sky :(
Like Frank says, above, it could be the CPU, but I doubt it. If you have the ability to try it on another mob, it's certainly worth a try.

If the CPU is OK, I think it's time for PriceWatch..........

Doctor

Doctor said:
Bummer!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like the mobo has taken a trip to the big mobo graveyard in the sky :(
Like Frank says, above, it could be the CPU, but I doubt it. If you have the ability to try it on another mob, it's certainly worth a try.

If the CPU is OK, I think it's time for PriceWatch..........

Doctor

It is brand new, so I will just send it back as defective!

Doctor said:
Boy, that's what I call LUCK!

Doctor

Don't count me out yet! I got it to work again. I was messing with it for a couple hours did a little wire stripping and modding. Works really good, and now the speaker is firmly attached. It is really @1400 till he gets the right heatsink/fan for it. Then I plan on doing a little boosting! What are okay temps for this processor, as I don't want to kill it after all this trouble. Right now it is running at 114 F. Thanks for all the help again.

Back