• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iqwertyi

So I got the Logitech MX5000, which comes with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and connectv via a bluetooth usb thing that's connected to the computer.

Yesterday, my new cell came in, and that's also bluetooth equiped.
Since the cell can play mp3's, I figured, connect to my computer via bluetooth, transfer files, and done.

Well, I don't know how to do this or if this is even possible with my bluetooth setup.
Do I need to get one of those bluetooth usb dongle on it's own? I thought the one that came with the keyboard and mouse would do the same thing.

Thanks.

Which cellphone did you get? Your spiffy bt receiver is a general bluetooth device, so in theory you can pair your cellphone to the receiver. HOWEVER, depending on the phone and the carrier (*cough* verizon *cough*), true obex capability of your cellphone may be neutered.

Google up "bitpim", since that's the program that you'll use to transfer ringtones, wallpapers, etc. to your phone.

As for mp3s on your cellphone, I would get minisd/microsd card to dump mp3s on, it's easier than xfering them via bluetooth (and a heck of a lot faster).

I got that new Samsung A900 for sprint (razr lookalike).
Unfortunately, the memory is built in so I can't add them to a flash memory.

As far as people are telling me, bluetooth isn't cripled with this device.

I got it connect last night, where under "my bluetooth places" it show the phone. But that's as far as I got. I think it asked for a code, but not sure what to punch in there. No time during any of the setup did it ask me to create a security code, so not sure what to input to the cell.

you'll have to figure out how to turn on BT in the phones settings, and then do that, and probably will have to set a security code when they try to connect with each other. then if the phone is so quippd you cna add the phon with the obex file transfer service, and connect that service, then hopefully youll be able to browse the folders on the phone.

I got a moto E815, and had to do some hacking to th phone via USB cable before i could do bluetooth transfers.

So, I got to pair the phone with my computer, but the next step was to connect, which I couldn't.

Am I suppose to have additional software (besides the ones MS seemed to have automatically have icons for)?

For some reason, I thought it would be easier than this.

And why did you have to hack your Moto? It wouldn't just let you connect out of the box? That doesn't make sense to me.

The windows BT drivers are not the best, you should check Samsungs site for some software like Nokia's Data Suit.
Generally it should work like this, set your computer to "Discoverable" trough Control Panel -> Bluetooth Device/Config, now take your phone and set it to search for other devices and it should find it. Your code should be either 0000, 1111 or 1234 but you can check your manual.
After your phone is paired with the computer your should have a new drive in 'My Computer" which is your phone and you simply drag and drop your Mp3's in there.
If this doesn't work with the windows drivers you need to get WIDDCOM drivers but I don't know how will they affect your keyboard and mouse setup.
Hope this helps.

P.S
There is an excellent cell phone forums you would check out and I'm confident you will find the answer there, its http://www.howardforums.com/.

Thanks all, I exchanged my MX5000 and reinstalled the software and did an update on the software and it looks like it connects now.

Here's another side question. I brought the Bluetooth USB adapter to my mom's place so I can try to transfer files with her computer, but I cannot find "My Bluetooth Places".

How do I show the Desktop Icon for "My Bluetooth Places"?

Right click on "My network places" and there should be a new icon that says "Bluetooth network". I think you need to enable it on both machines in order for it to work.

Back