• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2600+ Unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bverkino

Registered
Guys,
I am offered a barton 2600 +, and it has a code of "AQUCA". Would you guys please help me to explain what is the meaning of this ? :shrug: Because I ask the other day in this forum, that one way to differentiate the unlock or not is by seeing the date of manufacture like 0305 or something.

bverkino said:
Guys,
I am offered a barton 2600 +, and it has a code of "AQUCA". Would you guys please help me to explain what is the meaning of this ? :shrug: Because I ask the other day in this forum, that one way to differentiate the unlock or not is by seeing the date of manufacture like 0305 or something.

That is the stepping of the cpu. And the only way to truely know if it is unlocked is the manufactor date on it (which is the next 4 numbers next to the stepping you gave us) If you are before 0335 you'll be unlocked, if its after that (like 0410) you'll be locked.

Basically the 03 is the year, and the 35 is the week it was made.

stang8118 said:
That is the stepping of the cpu. And the only way to truely know if it is unlocked is the manufactor date on it (which is the next 4 numbers next to the stepping you gave us) If you are before 0335 you'll be unlocked, if its after that (like 0410) you'll be locked.

Basically the 03 is the year, and the 35 is the week it was made.

Ok thanks man.. actually I am offered for the price of 195US$ together w/ mobo AN7, 2600+ unlock, and Thermaltake Volcano12+. I do not know if this is worth it or not. what do you say? all are 2nd hand. because I'm starting to think of just building a athlon64 cpu.

I wouldn't for that much. For less money, you could get a "high-end" Sempron and a good NF3 motherboard. Assuming you already have good ram, you could overclock the snot out of the Sempron and end up being in disbelief of how much performance you are getting for so little money.

t_biggs said:
I wouldn't for that much. For less money, you could get a "high-end" Sempron and a good NF3 motherboard. Assuming you already have good ram, you could overclock the snot out of the Sempron and end up being in disbelief of how much performance you are getting for so little money.
i agree you can get a way better deal then that

even if it were a mobile barton 2600 it would still be a bad deal. right now newegg has a sempron 2600 for $64, or you can buy this biostar SFF for $230 and it comes with the sempron 2600 for free. not sure how much that biostar will overclock (if any) but even at stock speed i'm positive an A64 sempron would be faster then a barton due to the on-die mem controller alone, plus that chip has amd64 extensions. lotsa people are overclocking those sempron chips to 2.6-2.7ghz.

That is a very early barton, most likely won't even see any speed past 2200Mhz with lots of volts.
For around $130 on newegg you can get a Socket 754 Sempron setup which will both be much faster and much more overclockable. Plus will support 64bit OSes.

The Coolest said:
That is a very early barton, most likely won't even see any speed past 2200Mhz with lots of volts.
For around $130 on newegg you can get a Socket 754 Sempron setup which will both be much faster and much more overclockable. Plus will support 64bit OSes.

Thanks all for the expl. So I would better not building a socket A system? hmm.. Guys, I have a budget for around 200 US$ for complete CPU (exclude VGA). Do you guys have any advise for sempron system or A64 ? Preferably OC-able.

If you need a cpu/mobo combo i would suggest a mobile 754, and the dfi nf3 250gb board.

Know Nuttin said:
what components do you already own, if any?

This is a decent start for motherboard/CPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128259
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104245

Are you willing to go with onboard video?

@knownuttin : none :santa: . I build again from zero. I've sold my old one (barton2800+) and wish to build w/ a within my budget system, but OC-able. my old barton is stuck in stock speed :bang head

@stang8118 : thanks for the info. I'll think consider about it :)

Back