• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7v mod on fan, make it permanent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

I tried to search for it "7v mod" but nothing came up. Is there any way to make a fun run at 7v for ever? And if so, how do you do it. A quick response is appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

PEACE

Ha, yea I totally forgot about that forum :p

Ok, well it didn't say on how to do it with a 3-pin connection. Could someone please explain to me how that works? I have a delta 3-blade that I'm trying to quiet down and I think it puts out to many watts to hook it up to the mobo and the mobo control it. And I'd just rather it run at 7v :cool:

PEACE

this is why I have the sunbeam fan controller..it's so fun to be in perfect control of your fans

just get a 3 pin to molex connector and hook it up to your power supply
switch the pins on the adapter

See I have an awesome fan controller but I has led's and all that what not and I becoming a non-light person so I just wanted to a internal fix. But I think I got it. Thanks for the help guys.

PEACE

You can't. Mobo headers only supply 12 and ground. If you do ANY other combination, you fry your fan. You either have to make it 4-pin or use a fan controller.

You can always unsodder the leds from your controller for hte cost of a $7 soddering iron from radioshack.

Well I forgot I had an extra 3 to 4 pin adapter so I used that and its working great now. As for the led's. I'm going to try to sell this soon so I don't want to beat the crap out of it :p

PEACE

Or, if you want something less warrantee-voiding or easier, either paint over the led's, or just use black electrical tape in a continuous line so it doesnt look as bad ;)

Back