• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop buying advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

I've been looking at laptops recently and have narrowed it down to one: the Acer AS3003LCi. The main reason is the price. I don't plan to do any gaming or anything on this, just normal apps. It does seem to have a low battery life, though.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=265242

Sempron 3000+
256mb pc2700 (would add another 256)
40 GB HD
15in screen

Price: 600$

The questions:
1) Does anyone have any experience with this laptop?
2) I have heard that Acer is a quality company and has quality laptops, this is true correct?
3) Anyone know of any better deals/laptops out there?

Last edited:
I have an Acer (Travelmate 2700WMLi) and I'm a happy bunny. My mate was looking at the Aspire 3000 series laptops last week, and almost bought one, but ended up buying a 1-month old Acer 8101wmli off eBay for the same price. I'd recommend them to anyone.

The Aspire 3000 series is a good-value desktop replacement notebook. Decent processor, cheaply upgradeable memory, decent screen etc. The battery life is not great, but I use mine plugged in most of the time anyway. Get an external USB2 drive if you want extra storage.

Back