• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help w/ NF7-S Board (need specs for one cap)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maelstromracing

I got a NF7-S ver 2 board for the cost of shipping. 2 bad things on the board, no northbridge cooler. (no biggie $6 from abit) and a capacitor is missing. :shrug: It's CE27. It's 1 o'clock from the northbridge, 10 o'clock from the CPU. I need the voltage and impedence (the weird looking u thingy)

Thanks!

bump! please update if you get this board going, i know someing with a board that messed up when doing the vdd vmod and pulled the leg off.

some guru's will post in here soon.

Nb

Forget the NB cooler, you don't need one. However, you do need to remove the stupid stock cooler if it is still on there. My stock NB cooler died 2 years ago when the MB was barely a week old. I freaked out and tried oil for the fan and all kinds of stupid tricks. I even tried to replace the cooler, but it was actually better with just the exposed chipset. I don't have any errors due to chipset heat, so I wouldn't be concerned. As far as the capacitor, I can't help with that one as I don't have a strong enough electronics background.

Good luck, because this is a great board for older Socket A chips.

Edit: I guess whether or not you need NB cooling is dependent on your case cooling and airflow. The more I thought about this, the more I shouldn't make assumptions about that kind of stuff.

Later.

Last edited:
mr, have did you get your board fixed? i'm still contemplating on the suggestions you gave me on fixing my buddies board.

Can't find CE27

Geeze I can't find the CE27 cap. :shrug:
Is it a purple can style(Rubicon), or a little tan SMT type? If I can find it I can get the value for you . We can even ID the little SMT(SMD) types at work.
I you can, attach a picture and maybe we can help.
As for the NB fan use a good grade paste, and make sure it's making good contact. Most aren't seated very well, and have a glop of goo hanging off one side of the chip.
Good luck

Someone Pm'd the Cap info I needed. I am ordering the caps I need. I have 2 boards to attempt to fix.

maelstromracing said:
Someone Pm'd the Cap info I needed. I am ordering the caps I need. I have 2 boards to attempt to fix.

please update this thread :), there seems to be alot of nf7's collecting dust in closets with similar issues.

maybe they can be resurrected :)

Back