• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Undervolting processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

I want to try and make my G/F's HP Lappy last a bit longer. It only lasts about 2 hours with a full battery. What is a good program to use to undervolt the processor?

well if it is a pentium-m notebook then type in Notebook hardware control into gooogle and use that

Rysjimmy1994 said:
The Laptop is a HP Pavillian ZE4900

ah yes i know this laptop well (look in sig)

alot of these laptops came with a celeron pentium-m if that is the case then it is not going to be able to dynamicly switch

if you have a true pentium-m then it can dynamicaly switch and in that case do what i said before and get NHC and while running on battery set it to max battery inside of NHC also lower the voltages (really you just need to lower the lowest multiplier voltage, i have a 1.6 so i lowered it to .7 volts) and besides that the only thing left is turn your screen down all the way

also you should be able to pick up a second battery for under $60 dollars on ebay (i did)

and with my current configured system i can get about 3 hours and 30 minutes

Ok well I changed some settings around on the laptop.. Hopefully it'll last a bit longer. I will find out on Sunday on the plane.

What did you change and how did you do it? RM wouldnt let me change anything with my Celeron M. I just thought that Celeron M's didn't support that, but you got it to work somehow.

Back