• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a cheap rebuild

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_biggs

A few months ago, I parted a bit of my system out so I could afford a Mac Mini. I love this Mac Mini, but, it sure leaves something to be desired for overclocking. So now I'm looking for a good deal on components to rebuild an Athlon 64 system again. Most of the components I need I already have from my last system. They are:

Epox 8KDA3J (754 nForce3 250GB)
Antec Truepower 380
Hard drive, optical drive
Radeon 9800 Pro

So, I need a CPU and memory. I want to keep costs below $250 max. I would consider switching to 939 if it didn't push me too far above $250. I'm not interested in upgrading my video at all, though (in fact, I wouldn't care if I ended up on 939 with PCI-E and onboard video.)

Keep in mind, I'm looking for cheap memory and CPU, that are both highly overclockable. I know first hand how well Semprons OC, but I would like to go with an actual Athlon 64 this time. I am willing to sell comonents I have now, to get more money, except the drives. I am not willing to sell the Mac... Don't even think about suggesting I do! So, what do you all recommend I get?

Back