• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Lanparty Ultra-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roofles

So I just bought a new computer setup and everything, and finally got windows installed (holy crap was that a pita..) and now my graphics card decides not to display anything. Now I'm not sure that is a problem with the mobo at all, but my friend just built a computer as well with the same board, but we have COMPLETELY different boots and such. Mine blows through all the cmos screens, and his takes a little while. It tells him that he has his hdd set up in raid0, I have no idea if mine are. He has some interesting raid screen and I dont. So any help that you could offer would be excellent. Even if its long and drawn out, Ill spend lots of time to make this work.

Also once I got windows loaded I updated the bios. Unless I can install the SATA drivers once I get to windows after it has been formatted, please dont ask me to reformat, because the disk that carried the sata drivers is mia, unless I can find them on the net somewhere.

For reference. I have an Opteron 148, my friend an A64 3700
I have Mushkin ram, he has G.Skill? or OCZ.
I have a 550W Sparkle PSU (properly connected) he has a 550w psu all goofily connected.
Other than that, they are more or less the same.

Please help me guys, I really want this working over Xmas break!!! Thanks!

Disregard the RAID thing for now.... You do not have RAID setup, nor do you need it currently.

Proper is connecting 4 plugs to the mobo, so if you haven't done that, try it now.

If your graphics card requires it, make sure you have power connected directly to it.

Try to boot into safe mode, and see if you still get no video. Press F8 to get the option to boot into safe mode during startup.

Are you getting video in bios and on boot, but it dies in windows?

All proper power plugs are connected (the 24pin, the p4, a 4 pin molex, and a 4 pin floppy drive power plug). The card does not display anything. I was installing the drivers for it when it needed to reboot (I think from Directx9) and then I got no display at all. On the graphics card, I intend to call xfx today and see if they can help.

Okay cool, didnt think I needed it. (the raid thing)

ya, if your getting no video at all, I'm not sure what to tell you aside from going to the manufacturer or retailer... you should atleast get video outside of windows... I would jiggle the cables at that point. :shrug:

Exactly, I didnt think it was the mobo, but I was having trouble with it and the differences between my set up and my friends was odd in my opinion, so I just wanted to make sure I had it set up correctly.

I intend to call xfx today to see if they have some answers...

Thanks for the help though.

What do you mean? After I flashed the bios, the computer worked fine and I continued to install drivers.

Roofles said:
What do you mean? After I flashed the bios, the computer worked fine and I continued to install drivers.

ok, I had a floppy and it was broken and it made the computer act all odd.

Okay so, using the diagnostic LED's (go me for noticing them now) they get stuck once it gets to detecting ram, and sometimes detecting the graphics card. As of right now I unplugged one stick of ram and the cd-rom drive and it still crashes. I have no ruled out the graphics card as a problem, I am however confused to how all of a sudden the memory decided to not function. I do intend to reset the CMOS jumper and see if that works. I have not overclocked anything yet, but is there a set of keys that you hold down to reset bios when it post's so that it goes back to default settings if it didnt work?

Okay so I put the memory in the two other slots, and it booted up. heh, p3wp... So Im going to run sandra for a while overnight to burn everything in.

Thanks for the help guys.

I believe the orange slots are preferred, is that what your in now? This is just what I've noticed from reading dfi-street.

Correct. It booted up fine with these, only reason I didnt try them earlier was because my Freezer 64 Pro blocks one of them, so I had to remove it to put the memory in.

I have it running sandra in burn in mode for a while and I hope to check it out later today to make sure its still on.

is there a set of keys that you hold down to reset bios when it post's so that it goes back to default settings if it didnt work?

You're talking about the "insert" key & "Delete" key.

It'll get you into the BIOS. so you can reset it to a boot configuration.
(usually have to after trying to OC it to high & have a no-go)

Can't get a boot screen? too high of an OC attempt?

Hold down the insert key & delete key & hit the reset button.
(continue holding the insert & delete buttons while the system boots up)

:attn:

Back